Monday, 12 May 2008

10-05-08 Arjan's first day in Tokyo

Travelling by British Airways I had a long flight via Heathrow's new terminal to Tokyo. After some messages in the papers that the luggage handling was quit a mess I arrived at Narita Airport only with one hour delay. From London the flight took just over 12 hours. Getting through customs and immigration (fingerprints and photo taken) and then down to the luggage collection. My bag had arrived already :-) and I went straight on to Ueno and the Suigetsu hotel, ready for a shower as I thought our room should be available by 13:30. Bad luck, check-in time 15:00. Left my luggage and read Ingrid's note that she had arrived and left for Kamakura. So I went and had my first Japanese lunch (some tempura) in Ueno and spent the rest of the afternoon walking around through Ueno, Shibuya and the Hie temple (nice sake bowls to make photos of).

Dinner, of course SUSHI, in Ueno again and back to the hotel were Ingrid had already arrived.

No comments: