The surprise organised by our tour guide for our yesterday’s farewell couldn’t be honoured because of the rain: he planned a helicopter flight above Tokyo as a kind of reward that 6 out 7 group members did his Japan-trilogy (3 individual trips to Central, North and South Japan) !! Wow, that would have been something special! Instead of that flight, he took his family and us to a nearby French restaurant, where we had an excellent dinner. We returned to the hotel not too late, since we all had a long day of travelling today.
At arrival at Narita airport Arjan and I just discovered in time that surprisingly enough we had to leave from different terminals - we thought that all European companies would leave from the same one … - , so unfortunately we could not share our farewell breakfast.
We both had no delays - except for myself in Paris because of a technical problem with the RER - and arrived around 7 / 8 a.m. at home. Right now the usual thing of filling up the fridge, washing, emptying our bags and sorting out the mail. We will not make it late tonight, because we still have to catch up the 7 hours time difference with Japan.
And what do I miss right now being back in Paris?? The politeness of the Japanese people (though I had to say that I arrived during rush hour in Paris, nobody let you pass in priority with your heavy bags …), the air-conditioned public transports, the cleanness of railway stations and punctuality of trains. Ask me this question again in a couple of days and by then I have been thinking certainly of more things, but still I love Paris, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment