Tuesday, 13 May 2008

10-05-08 last part

This blog is going to be a puzzle, but working on it with 2 different persons, in internet cafes or a hotel lobby with unusual Japanese keyboards does not make it easy...

I will finish the day 10-05-8, where I left you after the ballet. Toshiharu-san, Arjan & I met each other again after the ballet at the hotel to share a last coffee, pick up our luggage and get a taxi to get off for JR Tokyo railway station. Toshiharu-san helped us to get the right tickets and train, the Shinkansen = high speed train to Osaka, a 2h40min. voyage : I wish that the French TGV offered such a legs' space!
We said goodbye to Toshiharu-san for merely 3 weeks.

At Osaka-shin station an extremely good English Japanese person offered spontaneously his help to give us the right directions by metro & train to continue to our hotel near to the Tennoji-station. There our luck still didn't leave us, because 2 blocks from our hotel we met a person with an umbrella asking us if we were looking for the 1-2-3 hotel: how did he know? Was he waiting there in the rain (it started already raining earlier the day in Tokyo?) the whole evening for us? Something we probably never will know!

In the hotel lobby Jan, our Belgian tour guide, welcomed us; we both know him for our first voyages to Japan in 2004 and 2005. He proposed us to have a late dinner in the restaurant of the hotel; an offer I better would have refused since I enjoyed it till the next day, something quite unusual for me!

No comments: