Dear all,
My suitcase is packed, so I just have to close my front door behind me to really start this trip, a new adventure in a new Asian country: Cambodia! My plain will take off at 19.35 from Paris Charles De Gaulle airport; Arjan his plain left already from Amsterdam Schiphol airport at 14.35.
I will arrive tomorrow after an 11 hours flight in Bangkok (Thailand) at 12.25 local time (time difference of 6 hours). It is not my first stay in Thailand; I was there in 1999 for a 3 weeks trip, this time I will stay only 1 day before continuing by night train for 2 days in Laos. I spent in 1999 a very good day at my own in Bangkok at the end of those holidays. Being in such a big rather unknown city at the start of a holidays is something else and quite impressing: besides of the rather rude change of climate, it always takes me some time to feel comfortable in such a different environment, culture and living standard (exception: Japan; there one can drop me wherever and I will feel OK!). I will meet Arjan only in the evening at 19.00 in the hotel, so I have to spend some time on my own. Do not worry, I will find my way around!
Difficult to say how frequent our reports will be. The infrastructure in Cambodia seems to be rather poor, electricity is not always part of it or guaranteed, so right now I have none idea about the presence and quality of Internet cafés which we need to keep this weblog.
I hope that the financial crisis will recover during our absence, things were tough last month and even this week, but it needs to recover one day, doesn't it!?
Oh, just to make you longing for better days: weather forecast Bangkok tomorrow sunny and 30C, humidity 89%; Phnom Penh coming days sunny and just below 30C, humidity 75% …
Amicalement, Ingrid - Courbevoie - sunny day
No comments:
Post a Comment