Sunday, 1 September 2013

UPC at an old car graveyard at Wassenaar

Hi all,

Saturday 31 August 2013 I went with the Urban Photo Collective to Wassenaar to visit an old car graveyard. When you drive around in your relatively new car you do not want to know that there is also another side of traffic, namely the one of accidents and waste to the environment. Old and broken cars in the Netherlands are mostly demolished and the parts are being sold and used again. Still a lot of waste is kept untill final destruction.

I made 2 series of photo's at the graveyard. A general one of parts waiting until being sold or destructed and one of the famous Mini Cooper which I found between the numerous old cars. Only 2 pictures in this serie are in full colour, the other ones are all B&W. Although I never owned a Mini myself could there be some nostaltic reason??

http://urban.iamnotsimple.nl/#!album-38

http://urban.iamnotsimple.nl/#!album-39

Enjoy,
Arjan

No comments: