Sunday, 6 November 2011

Dear All,
Yeserday morning after a long and bumpy flight (over Europe) I arrived  safely at Mammapuralam.
In the afternoon I went to see the Shore temple Which acording to its name is situated near the coastline. Build in the 7th century according to Dravidian architecture by the Palladas and dedicated to Shiva and Vishnu.
In the evening I had my first vegetarian Indian meal (with fish and a piece of chicken). Nice and spicy!

This morning I hired a bike to see the neighbourhoods of Mammapulam. A nameless temple was visited in a village nearby and already lots of pictures are taken of the beautiful and very friendly Indian people.
Now I am of to see the 5 Rathas, which are 5 temples cut of stone and supposing to be a vehicle of honour. Also Dravidian architecture and inspired by Mahabharata.

Till soon,
Arjan

No comments: