This Hi All.,
Exact one week ago was my last post, so here is another update.
Afte Mysore we went to the mountains of Wayanad, where we spend two days at an eco resort in the middle of coffee, rubber and pepper plantations. Usually you have a room with a view, but I had a room with a mango tree. The tree was growing in the middle of my room and going out through the roof. I wouldn't like be there in the rainy season :-)
Furthermore there was unfortunately very little to do. We had some walks with a guide through the plantations and a visit to some local people to have a (I must admit) very good lunch. The evenings and night were very pleasant as the temperature dropped till about 20C.
Next to the west: Fort Cochin. A city along the coast, bloody hot and humid. Temperature went far above the 30C, probably going to the 40C. I had a look at the coast in the morning to see the Chenese fishingnets, wandered around the Dutch palace with some nice wall paintings and had a very nice lunch at the Kashi Art Cafe. The only place so far I have seen where modern art was exhibited. Although the pieces shown were a bit macabre.And in the evening a late dinner with grilled fresh fish.
Today I am in Thekkady and it is a bit of a cloudy and cool day. Nevertheless I am still wearing only t-hirt and shorts. Yesterday at Fort Cochin we had a bus change, because the old one was broken. Something with the compression which could not be fixed in a day and was serious enough to get us another bus. Without the compression the old bus would not be able to take us up into the mountains were we now are.
This morning we made a nature walk through the bush and saw some monkeys, birds, a frog which looked like a leave. In the afternoon I made a tour by boat on the lake and saw lots of birds, some deer and monkeys again..
Now I am killing some time till dinner and then I have to pack for our trip into the Backlands on a houseboat.
CU,
Arjan
No comments:
Post a Comment